Have you given yourself the gift of love today?
Do you know people who are in love with life, a joy to be around and just so easy to enjoy? These people are also in love with themselves. We don’t tend to think of it this way, but it’s true.
How would your life look if you were more in love with yourself?
Does “loving yourself” mean that you’re selfish and an egomaniac? No. I means that you’ve relaxed into yourself enough to appreciate who you are and the uniqueness that only you bring to life.
HOW ARE YOU UNLOVING TO YOURSELF?
How would your story change if you fell in love with yourself today?
- Do you criticize yourself?
- Are you mean to yourself?
- Are you shaming and a bully to yourself?
Most people are mean to themselves. tormenting themselves emotionally on a daily basis, some more than others. “What’s wrong with me? Why can’t I get this right? I should have known better!”
The good thing is, these are all learned behaviors, patterns and habits. That’s a good thing because they can all be changed. It’s just in your mind. And, you can change your mind.
BENEFITS OF LOVING YOURSELF
In many of the workshops I teach I’ll say, “When you’re on an airplane, the Flight Attendant will always give instructions before the plane takes off which includes, “If the air pressure changes in the cabin oxygen masks will fall from the ceiling panel above you.” What does he or she say next? “PUT YOUR MASK ON FIRST before helping anyone else.” Why? Because, if you’re dead you can’t help anyone else!!
This is equally true in life, especially true for women who tend to be socialized to “take care of” others before themselves. Fill your “inner well” up first before you’re out taking care of others, ending up exhausted, angry and resentful at times.
The 10 Benefits For Taking Care Of And Loving Yourself include:
- The better relationship you have with yourself, the better you are for everyone else. When your inner well is full to overflowing with self-love, self-esteem and self-worth, you have more to share with others and nothing is lost from you in the sharing. This is something I have to keep learning too.
- You’ll be happier, laugh more and see life lighter.
- You’ll be less stressed, more relaxed and more at peace.
- You’ll be more open to change, idea and creativity.
- Less will bother and distract you from the “outside” of you.
- Less will be “inside of you” to bother you and distract you from more important things.
- You’ll attract more people at the new level you rise to, and continue to rise.
- You’ll be more aware and conscious of your new perspective on life.
- Everything will feel better, no matter what’s happening… because “stuff happens” to everyone, it’s how we react or deal with it that is how we experience it.
- Your health will be better too as your stress level will not continue to trigger problems throughout your lovely body.
Sound like a good idea this self-care and self-love thing? Start today and restart every day until it’s normal and the way you always are.
My fun to read and easy to use e-workbook Holiday Stress Be Gone! is really targeted to taking care of yourself throughout the year and especially on holidays. Find out more here.
2. PERSONAL TELE-COACHING
COULD YOU USE SOME PERSONAL ENCOURAGEMENT, ACCOUNTABILITY AND BRAINSTORMING TO HELP YOU WITH THE CHANGES YOU WANT TO MAKE IN YOUR LIFE?
I am a Priority Coach for Lifestyle and Wellness Change and Transformation. I work with people worldwide by telephone.
Contact my office for your free 20-Minute Consult to discuss your needs. firstname.lastname@example.org