There are choices we can make to stay stress free, more accountable and responsible, better friends and a better human being while helping to keep us more organized and orderly as well. Miriam Hamilton Keare (or my mom!) is said to have penned these tidy little rules and guidelines for a happy and rewarding life, I’ve always loved them.
1. If you open it, close it.
2. If you turn it on, turn it off.
3. If you unlock it, lock it up.
4. If you break it, admit it.
5. If you can’t fix it, call in someone who can.
6. If you borrow it, return it.
7. If you value it, take care of it.
8. If you make a mess, clean it up.
9. If you move it, put it back.
10. If it belongs to someone else, get permission to use it.
11. If you don’t know how to operate it, leave it alone.
12. If it’s none of your business, don’t ask questions.
There is no age too young or too old to abide these guides. #11 however would keep most of us from using cell phones, computers, anything digital and TV. Hmmm. It could also keep people from dating!