As a professional organizer, January is an exciting month for me! I love organizing and because getting organized is one of the top New Year’s Resolutions people make year after year, I’m all about supporting you to do that! Jump in today with vim and vigor!
Here are just a few tips to get you started (see the rest of my blog articles for tons more!)
1. We use only 20% of our stuff 80% of the time. So, start letting go of more of the 80% you never use and will never use.
2. Everything needs to “live” somewhere in your home.
3. Everything then needs to have a “home” in your home, or it is “homeless” and gets lost! A “home” is a place where you always put it when you’re finished and can find it when you need it. And, where other’s can find it too when you tell them where it is.
4. Ask yourself the following questions to determine what you should keep and what you can let go of, toss or donate, etc:
• Do I like it? Do I love it? Does it love me back? Does it bring me joy?
• Do I need it?
• Will I use it? How will I use it?
• Do I have something like it already? Do I need another?
• Do I have room for it?
• Where will it live? Where will its “home” be?
A GOOD WAY TO THINK ABOUT HOW TO ORGANIZE
My book title, Burn Your House Down is going to give this one away . . . but, think about what you would want if you had to evacuate your house with only two hours to gather your things. This exercise will really help you identify what is important to you and what is just taking up space.
Jump into January with your organizing cap on! Enjoy your home and help it to love you back.
I’M EXCITED TO HELP YOU PRIORITIZE AND KEEP MOVING AHEAD
As a Priority Coach, I am offering you a 20-minute FREE telephone consult with me to help you define what it is that you need to get you on track and stay on track this year for your desires, dreams and goals.
Email me at email@example.com to discuss scheduling your session.